Sunday, July 12, 2015

Hush-------- Church time now

Let's have some blissful quiet, and peaceful moment!
In Church.



The church visiting counts our days of staying in America: this is the beginning of our 3rd week since we have attended church twice. We chose the one with Saint Maria this time.
It is bigger and grander than the small cozy one we had last time. The upwardly pointing part of the Gothic building just leads our imagination soaring to where God is.
Into it, I feel the peace of the world, ourside and inside of me. The piety of the Christians, the devotion the soul shows when attending to the holy thing... I love the way you are looked into, like something warm is piercing your inner core, the hand shaking and hugging---just a declaration that each pure soul is a boundless universe, embracing all: friends; animals; enemies; strangers...
One peculiar thing I notice this time is kids in church: infants; babies; children. They are cute but also naughty and noisy. I saw a father who was almost immobile while the son was playing with him, from up to down and down to up. Another father felt embarrassed by the daughter's crying interrupting the procedure, so he asked pardon from God and quit quietly. Children are innocent. They can easily be pardoned by God and His Son. What touches me is the way Americans treat kids. Kids shouldn't be left alone at home since they are dependent, and they cannot be kicked or hushed or reprimand for they are the weak that should be protected. It may just be like the siren of police car--you cannot stop it from annoying residents and rush to rescue people in need.
Oh, I find it----there is always something the Can-Do Americans just CANNOT do.
Therefore, they just let it be. It should be left to God and God just want the world to be loving and be loved, with nobody biased. He is too idealistic and the human world is not so ideal for Him. Since even God has difficulties like this, we human beings can just laugh our problems away.

Hush now----let's show some real piety to God, from whose image we are all made.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Junia, so introspectively refreshing! I learn as much about us as I learn about you in this. If I lived closer I would join you more often so I could learn more from you all, but you probably get tired of seeing us all the time anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear Carrie. How can we get tired of seeing you? We love you, and feel honored to be accompanied by you, two such graceful and lovely ladies!

      Delete